In our penultimate week of our IWD blog post series, meet Senior Associate to the Real Estate team, Jennifer Slater:
1. Why did you want to pursue a career in law?
I was always interested in law. I wanted to understand it and be able to make it accessible to others.
2. Which women have influenced you and why?
My Mum was a primary school teacher and she taught me that women can be mothers and have fulfilling careers too. She normalised that for us. I was always inspired by that and by her work ethic. I still am.
3. What is the most memorable moment in your career so far?
Taking one of my final end of year exams for my degree with a six week old baby. My Mum had to drive him around while I sat the exam which was three hours long. I got a 1st that year. One of my proudest moments.
4. If you could be any heroine for a day (from film, TV, books or otherwise), who would it be?
Audrey Hepburn, she was always so beautiful and did lots of humanitarian work for Unicef.
5. On International Women’s Day, what is the most important message you want to send out to young women starting out in their careers?
That there is no limit to what you can achieve if you believe in yourself and work hard.